PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 13th Dec 2007, 06:07
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If Oz aviation history is anything to go by, they'll be killed in the rush with applicants - and starters. Maybe not the ones they'd really like to get, but bums to fill all required seats will be found, and without too much trouble.

I'd be guessing this first call phase is a very broard scattergun approach to see how many of the (I'd be guessing many) names they have on their list can actually answer a phone - and how many of those who do so don't actually hang up in their ear the moment they hear the 180k-210k Clayton's offer. (Did anyone receive an actual pay figure? All I heard was that they "were thinking" that the salary would be somewhere in the 180 to 210 range.)

It would need to be 210 and not 180 to attract many people from the Sandpit, and even 210 wouldn't be enough to attract any but a very, very few with school-age children.

The big imponderable remains - (and, I suspect, VOz are banking on this one being answered by enough in their favour): how many are willing to cop a pay cut (and how big a pay cut) to get their families back to Ruddsville?

The way the Sandpit and the Dirham are going lately, I suspect the answer might well be "enough".