PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comair salary negotiations?
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2007, 05:57
777Contrail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did CPA ask for?

Had a mail the other evening with details from the DFO's letter to the pilots but nothing about what was asked for and what was offered.

I don't believe the 7% story, someone must be pulling our chains!

Surely both their management and the pilots (be they "career" driver or otherwise) must realise that if they want to stay operational they will have to offer pilots from the other SA airlines an incentive to go to Comair? How will they draw them?

Quick command?

New aircraft?

New types?

Working conditions?

Career progresion (longhaul)?

Remuneration?

Out of those you have to offer at least 3 to draw new pilots. Those you choose will then in turn cause a pilot to stay for a longer or shorter term.

eg. Quick command on a new aircraft with a move onto long haul will surely draw pilots. But only for the short term if remuneration and working conditions aren't right.

Comair, at this stage will have to go for the quick command, remuneration and working conditions package. That will draw and keep people for the short to medium term, then follow that up with career progresion and new types, which will solve the longer term. New aircraft will not be on the cards (I'm talking post 2006 models here).

They will be competing for drivers with ALL the local airlines since they will all be loosing pilots to the ME, Europe, Far east and soon Australia as well.

Hope it will get solved the right way...............................