PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When Will It Get Light?
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2007, 07:55
strake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tightslot,
Do not despair. I think it is something to do with long-haul flights. Maybe there are too many crew on board (because of legislation) with not enough to do and that then leads to a type of malaise. I don't fly short-haul very often these days but as it happens, I did last week. Air Berlin to Dusseldorf. For the first time in a long while, I really enjoyed my flight. Two very nice crew welcoming everyone on board. A 90 second safety briefing which everyone seemed to watch. As soon as the wheels were up, so were the CC. They served everyone with a ham or cheese bagette, which was extremely tasty, together with soft drinks or tea/coffee.
All cleared away again quickly and enough time for them both to come round with some chocolate Santa sweets. I watched the German girl working our part of the aircraft and every so often, she would ask passengers if they had children. If the answer was yes, she told them to take a couple of extra Santa's.
That is a flight I will remember for a long time. Cost? About £80.
Only an hour but it made a lasting impression. I would think up excuses to fly with these people again
Contrast that with a flight I am doing to NY next Monday. I can't get Silverjet or Eos, so it's VS UC complete with bad attitude. Now who's depressed..