PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When Will It Get Light?
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2007, 13:53
WHBM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by TightSlot
??? - Is there any evidence at all to support this?
TightSlot

I know you are from the CC side but those of us who are well versed in long-haul on mainstream carriers find that increasingly the crew are conspicuous by their absence for long intervals and feel their duties are confined to the stipulated meal services.

Unfortunately the trend is spreading from the European/North American carriers where it started to others. Only last week I was on Malaysian LHR-KUL (12 hours) where apart from a meal 1 hour after departure and another 1 hour before landing, there was only a periodic service of trays of refreshments. A visit to the galley for a can of drink required parting the curtain to speak to the gossip group and a hostile response from a steward for this temerity.

It is especially hacking-off when in business class and you have paid all that money to find that the crew are mostly in their bunks, presumably to get rested to go off to their "day jobs" once they get home.

This forum is not a place for passengers to have a dig at crew. You have Customer Relations for that.
No, Customer Relations is for sending out asinine word-processed letters that reply to points completely different to any you may have raised in your initial comments.

Suppose I should stand by for incoming now.