PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nakheel Aviation - Dubai
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2007, 07:57
OAT55DEGREES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation DXB or LHR

I am lucky enough to be based in DXB on one of the older contracts, which I must say is really great. This was due to Dubai not being a sort after workplace when I was offered employment.
The workplace has not changed and I believe is getting worse(traffic/temps/housing/cost of living) so after reading this thread, I really do feel for the crew that work for this Nakheel Company. These companies must remember that without drivers there is no company so I personally think that they should look after the present crew they have, just as the company I work for does. We have not had a crew member leave in years!
If Nakheel doesn't mind the costs involved (training/relocation etc)of crew leaving every 5 mins then they must get on with it but they must expect to have a bad reputation and not mind the pax not seeing the same crew, thus not building a solid relationship with the regular clients. I believe it helps having stable and happy crew as this provides a good working environment both at and away from the aircraft.

M-E Flyer states that crew come here for the lifestyle and not the money but this is definately personel choice. With the current housing allowance offered by his Nakheel Aviation(earlier post) who can afford to stay here and maintain a reasonable standard of living? I personally dont have a maid or drive a fancy car and I bet my salary far out weighs theirs. Maybe if you go live in Sharjah Not my choice of residence, especially if you consider our qualifications, experience and time its taken for us to get this far.
As for this head cabin crew member, if she worked for us, she would have been booted long time ago. Maybe she offers services other than inflight services (to management) which keeps her employed

M-E Flyer and Nakheel Aviation need to realise that salary keeps crew

Good luck to the crew who are also looking at leaving!