PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - J* Pay and conditions
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2007, 07:29
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Lol. Hook, line and sinker.

Who else slanders JQ pilots? First of all the claim would have to be false. Secondly, slander tends to be via the written form. You're thinking 'libel' but lets go back to point 1.

So who 'libels' the J* drivers? That requires someone to put something forward as fact when it isn't. I see lots of very obvious satire but no libel on this thread.

Next, you presume that it's always QF drivers. I can't speak for others on here but I don't recognise any QF handles on here except for myself and Transition Layer. Neither of us have libeled J* crew. You'll note in my earlier post that I wasn't sure whether or not you're J* and so just labeled you a f^$kwit! That much is obvious from your post!

Do QF drivers libel J* crew? Certainly many QF drivers state quite openly that they don't question the skill levels, and that mistakes happen in all airlines (golf courses, G/A @ MEL, etc). Nothing libelous in this.

What do most QF drivers question then? What most QF drivers do comment on (and since this is opinion rather than something made out to be fact it's impossible to call it libel) is the lack of wisdom that saw J* crew accept crap conditions for the A320 and, (even more astoundingly) the 'widebody variation' when a global shortage was imminent and there was no gun at your heads.

How do the rest of my cadet mates feel about QF? Lets see, all currently F/Os on the 744, or A330 and heading to the A380. All currently earning a lot more than a JQ captain. All have working lives that allow them to see their family. All have a set of terms and conditions that protects them from an airline that may one day decide to interpret the J* 'award' in black and white and decide that your time off is going to be o/s instead of at home. All have earned a lot more than JQ pilots over the last decade or so. All have command slots in the next 12 months where they'll continue to earn a lot more than JQ captains.

All in all I reckon that we feel pretty friggin good. Thanks for asking. Merry Christmas wherever you happen to be spending it.

(Do you wanna go again or have you had enough?)