PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US planes in near-collision
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2007, 23:55
Squawk7777

Location: formally Alamo battleground, now the crocodile with palm trees!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation no way!

KIAD is probably the best airport on the east coast.
You should be drug/alcohol tested for this statement! This is probably the WORST managed airport on the east coast.

I have flown in there regularly for the last 3.5 years and it is always the same: Good weather = usually expect inbound delays, be vectored 30 degrees off course, being slowed down to 250 KIAS, next controller reverses instructions and tells you to proceed direct with maximum forward speed. With RNAV arrivals in your flightplan, approach asks if you can proceed direct TICON and descend you manually instead of the published descend on the HYPER1 or the PRTZL1 arrival. Proceeding to the gate requires enormous patience especially during busy push times at the C/D gates and A gates. Deplane, reboard and the cluster **** starts again, with ramp control, ground control, etc.!

IAD does not have an intersecting runway layout (exception approach path of 1L crosses runway 30), I scared to think what this place would be like ...

New runway under construction won't be long enough to handle the heavy international traffic.

Bad weather = Usually no delays.

This place is just weird! I hope you were just kidding.

VENT MODE = OFF