PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Q400 gear collaps CPH 27/10
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2007, 18:37
flaps2billion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everybody relax & calm.....

Miraculx:

The first crash was due to corrosion and the inspections required by Bomardier not good enough, no chance for SAS to find the fault.
Reports that corrossion was partly due to maint. using a Non aviation grade corrosive lubricant...
No chance to find fault? Are you joking me!?!?!? What else did they not do?
(upon inspecting the gears) "hey look rusty bolts...what do we do now? Ahh just leave it"
BBD 1 SAS 0

Bombardier tells SAS this is an isolated "incident" and they should keep flying!
Of course it was. But during the inspections, somebody put something in that right gear, that was not suppossed to be there. How is it a design error?
Tie....BBD1 SAS 0

Number 2 airplane crashes
Re-red 1
BBD2 SAS 0

SAS placing parts that were intended for the front gear, on the right & left.
BBD3 SAS0

Incidents like these only happening at SAS??????

That could be a million things, but most probably enviroment. Scandinavia has a very humid climate, mix that with slush and ice for a good part of the year and you have wear and tear not seen many places in the world.
Oh c'mon! Horizon operates on the weast coast & still has no problems. Very humide there also!
Slush & Ice! Hello...the aircraft is made in Canada! We tested them & operate them in the snow/slush/ice/etc....

How many more euro agencies have to assure you people that the Q400 is safe?? Or did the media in your home countries already decide that for you?? They already made their decision long before any report ever came out!

ANA Dash 8 in Japan lands without gear down
In all my flying life I have never known an aircraft to have as many gear up landings as this naf Dash 8. Ground the world wide fleet before somebody dies.
Short memory? & the 737 should of been grounded when it's rudder deflects in the opposite direction forcing two (almost three) airplanes into the ground killing hundreds of people???? Are they not still flying???

ANA was because some idiot forgot to place a bolt in the front gear. Not a design flaw.....mistakes like that happen all the time. It's a human factor.