PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex CityFlyer Routes scrapped by BA
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2001, 00:59
Secret Squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Noddy, you old wind bag. Glad you cleared that one up about the Dan Dare guys.

No, I have absolutely no wish to prevaricate on my likes or dislikes of cadets. I, like most of the human race (some might argue at length on whether I actually belong, but that's another story) have prejudices based on all sorts of experiences, personal and by proxy. At times like these when it becomes a case of us and them (or more to the point, us OR them) then these prejudices come to light. Also I have to concur, as ever, with Cpt Pitbull when he says that it's not a case of 5yr 1 day CFE against 5yr BA pilot so much as 6 month BA pilots displacing multiyear Pilots full stop.

Anyway, I may live to change my views on cadets depending on how clean my shoes are in the morning after a nice stop.

Incidentally, I did my command simulator sessions with an ex Tornado failed fast jet pilot turned navigator, and I must say that a better FO I couldn't wish to have had. Very switched on and not once did he try to score a single point against me for his own benefit. See, I like you already, Noddy!

Rythm Method

Ahhh, not a cadet but act like one. Nice quips about the posts etc. I'm mortified! No, really did you think my post too.... childish? Little Boy!!!Oh no, Mummyyyyy, RM's calling me names! Yawn! It's awfully nice to hide behind anonimity and throw insults isn't it. And you call ME immature!; pot to kettle, over!

WWII

Which precedent would that be then? Enlighten the unenlightened and if you can, tell us all how it bears any relation to our sticky situation. As for Virgin, I think you'll find that they have no case for any other method as DOJ = SENIORITY and so would seem to be in keeping with T.U.P.E. regulations anyway. On another note, however (and I stress that I hope I am wrong), it seems to me to be that Balpa have little regard for the extra training expenses which will be incurred as result of this decision at a delicate time. It appears to be a case of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face to the possible eventual detriment of the whole airline.

Personally though, I don't share your optimism for the rally call; as I said, if it happens to us then we are the ones with nothing to lose. If all of CFE get their marching orders, or even half, then we may as well stop work straight away. That'll wake you all up a bit, won't it? 90 flights a day just stop and 16 aircraft parked up with no-one to fly them. Expensive!