PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 9th Dec 2007, 23:44
Dragun

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
V Australia - the facts

Straight from the horse's mouth this morning...

Captain Salary $180-$210K including 9% super ($163,800 - $191,100 base)

Senior FO $110-$130K including 9% super ($100,100 - $118,300 base)

Cruise FO 60% of the higher Senior FO figure i.e. 60% of $130K ($78,000) including 9% super ($70,980 base)

Employment to be on 'individual contracts' - not an EBA. I clarified and asked "So we'll be employed on AWA's?' He said "No, you'll be on individual contracts"...?!?

Add 'overnights + meals' to the above figures. I asked what this figure would be expected to be generally per year, he didnt know.

Basing is Sydney

Training to be conducted in Sydney in a new B777-300ER simulator.

First destination to be LA but still unconfirmed at this stage.

Seven aircraft to be in operation by 2010.

Asked about progression, couldn't tell me cos he said they didn't know at this stage.

...and the big one...they are still unsure whether or not they will be charging for endorsements at all, whether up front or salary sacrifice.

He asked whether or not I would still be interested in progressing with the application given the above information. I said that it would be dependent on the endorsement costs and if I had to pay them, then no. Told him that I thought $100,000 base (at the lower end) for a wide body international FO was a little ridiculous. He didn't seem surprised, but I get the feeling this phone call was more market research than anything.

Recruitment process to begin from mid-January onwards and would include a psychometric assessment, simulator assessment and an intervew. Start dates in mid to late May.

Last edited by Dragun; 10th Dec 2007 at 00:28.