PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Admin Guru's Shiny Purple Future
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2002, 17:23
Stan Moore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AG does it again!! But I can't resist the bait and have to bite.. .. .For once our pencil wielding warrior has a point - lots of time is wasted in single service willy waving at the expense of a truly 'joined - up' solution to defence problems. I think it is getting better, though, and although probably heresy on PPrune, joint service staff college is probaly a good start(the bar is always the best place to get to understand someone!). .. .However, I do think each indivual service has unique strengths and would hate to see indiviual service weaknesses imposed on us all... for instance, as a northern comprehensive school oik come good, I would hate to see the class-ridden, discriminatory approach of some areas of the British Army visited on the other services. - Jointery means changing to fit in as much as other people changing to fit in with you so be beware(see SHAR debate!). .. .As a final shot, and at the risk of being unfashionable, the MoD is full of poor sods who would rather be flying trying - to make a difference from the inside against great odds... have a little sympathy!