PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - circuit heights
Thread: circuit heights
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2007, 21:13
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Sunfish" I couldn't agree with you more about all flying objects having radios. But the main problem here is about how there used & when, what's lacking is perhaps something called education.
Fortunetly most flying objects have radios but some use them in such an unprofessional manor that that alone causes more problems than not having one at all. Wrong position calls whether it be the wrong quadrant when calling inbound to simply talking on the radio as tho they are at the bar on a friday night telling everyone a short story !
I know it's never going to be perfect but we can all do it better am sure:-)

"Defenestrator" "see & avoid is almost everything these days in a circuit, no ones disputing that but it's not always possible to keep an eye out the window for an object that can change it's aspect at a seconds notice esspecially in varying light conditions as perhaps turning final into a setting sun. The R/T's are just as important in "building" a mental picture as to where someone is in the circuit. I started this thread in order for people in here to perhaps give their views on the subject matter & tell of some pertinent stories or experiences so that we may learn a little more, not to have anyone lower themselves to subject pilots to personal abuse.

EVERYONE who holds a license to fly is considered a professional, lets extend that priviledge to words in here. I expected (sadly) for some to 'have a go' at others in here but can we just stick to the subject matter please.

Capt Wally :-)