PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Operation Saif Sareea 2 Information
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2001, 23:03
Met-Loada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Having just read thro' all previous posted on the subj I now understand why i get so much banter at work! Whingeing grobags basically! Hotac blah blah, noise blah blah, climate control blah blah.

As a lightblue job on temporary loan to Pongo & Co, the boot is on the other foot for me. I have some recent-ish experience (2.5 yrs in total) of the whole peninsular area in question and generally, though not exclusively, from the comfort of 1 Hotac or another and taking in 1 or 2 excellent cocktail parties compliments of HMS Various!

Unlike some previous correspondents however, I am prepared to take the rough (current tour) with the smooth (previous tours ) and while not excited at the prospect of my stint on SSII, I accept my return to the area with the brown jobs on SSII as part of the JOB!

I have 2 useful suggestions for those not happy with their lot on SSII:

1. Try the Thumrait Motel just outside camp gates for anyone not happy with canvas - a fine estab it is too!

2. Try those excellent foam earplugs the truckie mates are so quick to hand out down the back of Albert while they enjoy proper headgear and crewmeals etc!!

Bottom line guys, stop f***ing whingeing and show some respect for the few.

"Talk to the hand coz the face ain't listening"

M-L