PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - no jump seat rides???
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2007, 08:20
lowbypass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

"Plenty of airlines are still allowing people to ride on the f/deck j/seat, on some you don't even need to be airline staff either !!. Plenty of pics online clearly showing this. Some of them are also European Airlines !.."

"I feel some countries/airlines have gotten a little paranoid; I mean, what threat can the captain's mother possibly pose? Or a pilot of the same airline riding the jumpseat with a ID90 ticket? Just my fabled two eurocents, but I think it should be at the Captain's discretion (as it is on the three formerly mentioned airlines).

Let's not get carried away with security concerns and maintain a realistic approach, otherwise it will all become as ridiculous as trying to get through UK security... and the captain having his tweezers confiscated..."

MD

Absolutely true,...this regulation is too rigid...does not hold water, we are being forced to dance the masters tune, stooges...

Tweezers confiscated??...one might argue that new tweezers can easily be purchased, the point is NOT getting new tweezers, the point is WHATS ALL THIS FUSS?!