PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex CityFlyer Routes scrapped by BA
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2001, 13:59
Secret Squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

WW11Ace:

You see this is just the sort of thing I am talking about. It just so happens that it is mainly mainline long-haul jobs that are at risk at the moment and will be for the forseeable future. Here we are, new joiners, some even unwilling for reasons various, saying that we will be willing to take pay cuts etc so that you mainline stools keep your jobs, helping all to weather this storm together. Then people like you with their head so far up their own ass, who don't really live in the real world, want to trample us down even more; you would take away our rights under British employment law and leave us out in the cold. SENIORITY MEANS NOTHING UNDER T.U.P.E!

You can stick together as much as you like and have tupperware parties in the Balpa offices if you want, it won't make any difference. However, if if this wasn't the case, you can't oust a 737 pilot and put a 747 pilot in his seat just because the former's seniority number has more digits, it's illegal.

This is the one thing, or aspect, of BA I was often told about: It doesn't matter how much you toe the line or how good your intentions are when you join, sooner or later you will experience their selfishness. Unfortunately for you it is a double edged sword, I don't think mainline guys will "stick together" because they are alright jack!.

Just remember, it's long-haul routes that are under most scrutiny at the moment, not short-haul. For every long-haul flight they cut you lose 800 potential pax; to get that level of cut in SH you need to cut 3-4 routes on a 146 or 737. So please, before you come the union Che Guevara with us, consider what most of us have been saying all along and have some respect: We should pull together and help each other out.

Recover

Yes I was under the same impression but I assure you that this is what a friend of mine assured me. I fell short of asking him to check his contract for me. As I said, I believe that it only applies to those pilots who left CFE in the interim period before April last and when BA actually had ownership of CFE which is well over a year now (isn't it??) I have lost all track of time and sequence lately!