PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex CityFlyer Routes scrapped by BA
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2001, 22:38
Secret Squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

next in line

What are you talking about? I can only assume that you have misread my post or that I have written it badly. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the latter is the case by giving you a paraphrased version of what I meant;

My bug-bear was with the four months lost seniority due to those cadets who went to BA and Balpa, and complained. In the case of the long serving mainline and EOG guys and gals, I can understand why Balpa chose to side with them, even if I don't condone their lack of consideration for our claim to seniority. However, some of us - and in any case a damn sight more in number than the aforementioned cadets - have been paying our subs for a very long time; unlike... aforementioned cadets!. We were not consulted on this claim by the cadets, it was imposed on us, and we found out the reason behind the displacement at an inconvenient time to do very much about it.

I am very happy with the deal I got in the main and was willing to forego the benefits of seniority partly for the reasons mentioned by Cpt Pit Bull and partly because, as I have said many times before, I can see where you are all coming from. Of course, you can also tie in there that it wasn't a bad deal for most of us on the whole.

Exeng

You know me, I'm not trying to pit BA against CFE but again I refer to CPT Pit Bull who writes and expresses himself so much better than I. That what has got our back up is this smug idea that we ex-CFE pilots are going to be taking all the flack so that you can all keep your jobs; that we are the expendable ones; that seniority rules all. I know that you have seen this before recently because I have seen your posts. Indeed I have reserved any angst in the past and merely sought to point out facts to people. However, you must agree that although the posts don't say as much, they are thinly disguised posters saying, "Don't worry people, there's a nice cushion on the bottom of the seniority list of 'B' class pilots so your job is safe"

Yes I agree, we should pull together and I would gladly join your rally to help each other out. I would take a pay cut to help out those long-haul pilots to keep their jobs even though I don't know them. However, I wonder how many of them would have done the same if it was EuroGatwick going to the dogs?? I don't expect an answer to this but be honest with yourselves if you won't be with me.