PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex CityFlyer Routes scrapped by BA
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2001, 21:27
throttleback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Secret Squirrel - Capt Pit Bull;

On our private CFE forum we three have disagreed many times over merger issues, but on this one I fully support you all the way.

There is absolutley no way that CFE pilots, with many years' service flying profitable aircraft, on profitable routes, are about to give up thier seats so that a bunch of recently trained cadets and DEP's can slide right in.

We may have a shiny new contract with a BA logo at the top, but we are NO WAY on an equal footing. Is a DEP pilot who joined back in February going to take a pay cut back to Cadet pay, frozen for 3 years, so he can take my seat?? or does he not only expect my job, but to be paid more to do it as well??

And what about the many senior Captains at CFE, who far from getting an INCREASE upon joining BA are now on frozen pay for up to 4 years - effectively a pay CUT - until everyone else catches up??

While we ALL hope it will never come to it, Legally AND Morally our position in the firing line will be, and should be, our DOJ the company we continue to work for; at present we are, in fact, still operating under the CFE AOC on CFE aircraft.

Once we are finally free of Cadet pay freezes and personal differentials, once we are fed properly and work to Carmen not CAP371, get our full Holiday entitlement (not forecast at present until 2003) not to mention the FHR - then, by all means, we will take our place in line. UNTIL then, NO WAY!!

[ 03 October 2001: Message edited by: throttleback ]