PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex CityFlyer Routes scrapped by BA
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2001, 13:19
next in line

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Secret Squirrel - have you really been so badly done by? You have had your job protected, had your LHS position protected, will soon get a LARGE increase in salary, FC travel with BA, access to all BA's a/c types without passing a BA interview - surely all these are advantages? In 5 years down the line you can leave the 146. Are they all outweighed because you did not get the seniority number you wanted?

Considering that BA would not in any circumstance consider your seniority being based on your original DOJ and that BA wanted CFE to exist outside the BA pilot group (no LARGE increase in salary nor access to other BA's types), I think that your Balpa reps have done a pretty good job!

The routes you are gaining are at the direct expense of established EOG pilots.

You are quite correct (and I agree with you) re your original DOJ of CFE for redundancy purposes - the NSP states the LIFO applies. There is an exception though - 'except in exceptional circumstances' - not one of us is safe, not you, not someone who joined before you nor someone who joined after you.

Rather than going on about how badly treated you consider yourself to be - to the astonishment of the rest of the UK airline industry I might add - spare a thought for those (and not just BA pilots) who will not be flying a/c in the coming months.