PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2007, 16:30
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here we go again, seems I am back in a discussion I do not wish to be.

KO why do you imply that anyone interested in taking part in industrial action is childish, needs to grow up or is militant ? Many of us are level headed individuals capable of making our own informed decisions - yet you are feeling the need to tone your posts in a derogatory manner to anyone who is not prepared to accept the offer. (i.e. towards the player not the game as the mpderator might say).

I think the letter above from Mr Boyd is simply a response to those memo to crew that the company have issued on i-fly, I know I for one forward everything the company states about the strike straight to the union officials and ask for comment.

Their letter is simply a response, which also happens to mention that virgin have been offering cash incentives to individuals not to strike, you dont mention anything about that in your post other than to believe it we are gullible, rather than the levels the company have stooped to. How would you feel if they did that when you/Balpa were/are in negotiations ? It removes or at least lowers any credibility within dont you think ? I imagine you would be disgusted.

I wont comment on expenditure, been done to death.

The shock and awe that some posters are making of the company's attempt to "destabilise" the process is breathtaking in its gullibility. As though your union is not and will not resort to similar tactics? Nah, of course not.

Given the latest revelation regarding incentives shows that the company is trying to tilt the apple cart it has probably only served to push a couple of people off the fence who didn't know which way to go. The letter above is genuine and is on the myamicus site for all members of the union to see, making such accusations without hard facts would be libellous so I think we can both agree they are not making it up.

edit to add: Furthermore I do not believe the union would resort to such tactics as you imply, as they could be seen to be influencing the outcome and encouraging industrial action which under ligislation they are not allowed to do, they have simply highlighted that the company has tried to do it i.e. the company has probably just shot itself in the foot.

Lets just hope everyone votes.

Last edited by scoobydooo; 7th Dec 2007 at 17:02.