PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CityFlyer
Thread: BA CityFlyer
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2007, 15:47
DutchBird-757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In order to centralise all the BA Cityflyer info, I'll make a small summary of the latest developments. Please post further replies concerning the company in this thread, whenever possible.

What I'd like to add.
Aircraft wise:
- 2 x RJ85 from Blue1. 1st one will arrive in February, second one in June of 2008. My guess is theyll be used on the longer runs ķut of LCY where our RJ100's are more restricted. (MAD/WAW)
- 2 RJ100's, (AR/AS) will remain in the fleet bringing the total number or a/c to 12.(includes the 2 RJ85's)

Destinations:
- BACF from LCY will drop Milan and raise ZRH from 4 to 5 daily. Furthermore there will be 4 new destinations added to the network from LCY. Thus going from 7 to 10 destinations. Being;

LCY - AMS, from 6th may 2008 4x daily (+ KLM 6x daily and VLM 12x daily)
LCY - WAW, from 6th may 2008 daily
LCY - BCN, from 6th may 2008 daily
LCY - NCE, from 6th march daily

Release here: http://www.flightline.co.uk/travelne...es-new-routes/

-AMS and ZRH are gonna be nightstops.

Crew:
- Flightcrew based in EDI and GLA. (pilots from GLA area are given choice to operate flights out of GLA, incl the nightstops, as their preference)
- Cabincrew base also in LCY
- Still cabin and flightdeck training in progress. Flightdeck wise I think the next class will start in Jan 2008. More info is welcome...
- Recruitment lately? Anyone?

Pay/contract/bond wise:
- I haven't got a clue of what's going on right now. So if anyone can fill us in, please do so. (keep it constructive pls, no bashing )

Future:
- Well, who knows. The aircraft are getting older. Don't think we'll ever merge fully into BA mainline as I don't think BA (unions) will allow our aircraft (100+ seats) to be base in London area, same with our crew force. My thought is that BACF will base the 2 RJ85's in LCY once there's space available. The're below 100 seats so mainline can't refuse that. (right?!)
- Expansion is a welcome sight and a promising note of how BA mainline sees BA Citflyer.
- New/improved catering concept on domestic and international flights offered in Club and Traveller. Together with the cabin enhancements brought in from BA mainline.
- Lot's of rumors about new aircraft to replace the current RJ's. But that's life and nobody knows anything constructive. So keep speculating...

If I forgot anything, or you disagree, then feel free to respond. But as said before, keep it constrcutive and free.