PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2007, 23:02
EdSet100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tec:

Then ask why such flagrant and deliberate breaches of the MoD’s airworthiness regulations were ordered, condoned, supported and covered up with lies.
Its easy to use the word, "lies" from the comfort of a screen name.

There were no lies. Yes, a safety case was ordered. Yes, it was accepted at face value (not condoned) and yes it was therefore supported. It is a fact that the analyis in the NSC was flawed and no-one spotted the errors until the BOI spotted them. One cannot lie if one doesn't know the truth.

I have to say this, unpalatable as it is, but ground engineering officers would never have spotted those errors. Why? Because they don't know everything about how the aircraft is operated. They don't need to. No air engineer was ever given the opportunity to participate in the NSC; indeed we didn't even know it existed. Had we been given sight of it, the errors would have been seen immediately. How do I know this? Because the air member of the BOI (an air eng) was the first aircrew to read the NSC and it was he who spotted the errors. I haven't asked him if I'm right about that. I just know it.

The simple fact is this: the RAF never had the opportunity to lie about the NSC. We never knew it was flawed. Hence the QC will have an abundance of people from many other agencies in the queue outside his door.