PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2007, 17:25
ACARS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 5yr old was crying so I spent a few extra mins outside in the car park with him. This is why I wasn't there on time. I nearly always check in 90mins before because I like to use the wireless and have a Burger King. I was late, but I thought 60mins would suffice. Maybe it was 60mins +/- 5mins, but I arrived in terminal at 15:20 for a 16:20 departure. If it was a am flight, I would be there 120mins before because sercurity queue can be long.

I fly every week with business and was shocked what they told me about the crew. Fact is that flight was overbooked, I arrived too late but shouldn't have been told about the deadhead. Pre 9/11 I might have got a jump seat ride but not nowadays.

And whilst I am ranting. I was very dissapointedd with business class back from Israel-AMS. Wasn't expecting a 737-900 series. Another aircraft ticked off, but I was expecting a reclining chair (I never get to fly business class so I had expectations). I then flew business to NCL on a Fokker 70 and that was a complete disaster for leg room.