PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taking passengers flying as a Christmas present
Old 5th Dec 2007, 16:49
rsuggitt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"With the giving period coming up, a couple of my friends have asked me if I would do a flight for their parents as a gift."

Hi Luigi,

It's fun to fly with passengers, but just to share some experiences.... many people have said that they'd like to come flying with me.....
But it's sometimes difficult to co-ordinate dates/times/planes....
Some people will drop everything if I say 'I've got a plane on such and such a date, do you want to come'
Others will tell me that they have to go shopping or were going to meet friends.
Sometimes I've asked people to tell me when they are free so that Ican try to book a plane on that date, but often I dont get a definite reply.

The first lot are usually real fun to take flying, they usually really enjoy it.

The others often mean it when they first say it, but I think they then get cold feet when they realise that it can really happen.

May I suggest ... if people dont make an effort to make time to come flying with you, dont keep calling them, it's a waste of time.

R