PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KQ Job advertisement
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2007, 15:51
bushbolox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right then , back to the topic.

Kalpa are playing a protectionists game but for all the wrong reasons.
This is demonstrated in the fact that more Kenyan nationals are disadvantaged than the small amount of foreigners that may be needed occaisionally on fixed term interim contracts.
When I was resident of 17 years in the region and 12 in Kenya it was impossible for me to think of applying to KQ. However certain people who became citizens were. They were not true citizens, just as foreign as me but willing to pay on many levels. If my immigration status, qualifications are all legal it is pure discrimination.

Now the rub..Fine but you area foreigner some might say. But what about the young lad from the wrong tribe, hes is fecked. TKK still rules and I can move on but the next generation of pilots shouldnt be discriminated against.

If I came back to kenya , it would be as a trainer or short term driver until the available workforce was up to standard or suficient in numbers or both.
The occasional use of foreign crew is not an abdication of sovereignty just an expiditious tactic.
The abuse of the work permit sysytem is the fault of TKK Kalpa should be exposed for the protectionist mafia it is. Protectionist for the wazee that is not Kenyans.