PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How would you run a flying school/club?
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2007, 14:27
llanfairpg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to send mine now!!!!!

You have reminded me that in most of the organisations i was involved in once the stude had the PPL it was goodbye. No wonder so many pack up!

I used to run fly ins(loose formation) to different airfields but its dificult to be CFI and get involved. I suppose this is where the Club is better. It is great to see a happy club where members are welcomed and encouraged. I used to get fed up saying to reception staff , "come on xxxx, say hello to the nice man" (and under my breath, that's paying our wages!!)

The one big black mark with a lot of schools is the total non welcome you get when you walk through the door. I took my son(by road) to Derby recently and they looked at us as if we had crawled out of cheese. They soon came out when we went upto one of the aircraft!

By the way I think you need more than just flying events, you need social events to maintain interest and of course they are a lot cheaper. Much more encouragemnet of cost sharing too but people need to know each other and be confident, thats were social events and good standards come in