PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2007, 14:22
Vintersted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having just registered, this is my first post on Pprune although I have been visiting this website on and off for many years.
I've never posted as I just prefer to read and enjoy the many points of view of all concerned.
I have finally decided to take the step as like so many, I am frustrated with what is going on around us at Virgin.
Like 3000+ others, I have just received my ballot for industrial action. As we all know, it really is a big decision to make. I have been at Virgin for over 16years and have always believed we should have a voice, it's a slightly croaky one at the moment, but nevertheless a voice.
I fully believe that work needs to be done on perfecting that voice before we try to use it effectively. This is why I fully agree with Kasual Observers last paragraph, post #106:

We advise you to take the offer you have now and regroup. It will take a lot of dedication from whoever decides to take on the role of reps and it will also require a lot of support and advice from your union. You may not be ready in 18 months, in which case you push just that bit harder and wait until you are ready. Eventually you will improve your T's & C's and you will look back and reminisce about "the old days". Vote for a strike now and you put yourselves back 10 years or more.

That's probably the best piece of advice I have read hence my registration and reply...

ted