PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2007, 07:18
vs69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting to see the ever increasing opinion that few who are prepared to strike will be prepared to stand on the picket line (especially if this mornings weather is anything to go by),I'd be interested to see how many were out in force should a strike go ahead. Also what still worries me is the number of comments referring to crew who just do not realise the gravity of the whole situation and as mentioned a few posts back,there will have to be a bit of give and take,though this doesnt seem to be the feeling amongst some,who expect more money for no change to working conditions,it just aint going to happen is it?
Certain posters taunting non cabin crew about what they (non crew) have to lose is just not on and only serves to increase the 'tarring with the same brush' effect,at the same time its refreshing to hear views that are grounded (no pun intended) and realistic about the situation and show consideration for other areas of the company,certainly restores my faith!
Personally,I have heaps of respect for the job you chaps do,I'd rather unblock a bog than deal with angry punters for 8 hrs upwards and can understand why there is bad feeling towards management when you look at some of the spending decisions lately yet we are all being told to work harder,save more when money is poured into projects like VK that economically just dont make sense in the current climate.However a strike will only make things worse,without wanting to mention the R word.....Apologies for any repetition in this post and I'm hoping it comes across as balanced,best of luck guys.