PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - At drinks with the Jetstar Boss
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2007, 23:06
fearcampaign

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rambo,

Fair enough but that $100k plus is an after tax amount in Emirates.
If you take taxes and expenses out of Jetstar pay you will have less take home pay in the hand than an Emirates pilot.You will be living in Australia though!!!!!

The intent of my post was to make the point that given the global pilot shortage and the massive expansion of Jetstar that skilled pilots are a rarer commodity than has been the case in the past.The economics of supply and demand argue a case for improvements in pay and or conditions.

If we are going to better terms and conditions then now is the time to achieve it. In years to come we may face a tougher environment and terms and conditions will come under pressure.
This is not the case now so it is time now to make hay while the sun shines.

Mr Joyce is not going to serve it up on a platter for us!!!!!!!!!!

Someone once said to me that most pilots were stupid.If we fail to negotiate better conditions in the current environment then sadly my friend may have a valid point. That other pilots would argue that we deserve to negotiate for less astonishes me!

I hope the JPC can achieve a good result for all.
There is no gun at our heads this time.
History will judge their ability to achieve a result against the backdrop of unprecedented expansion and global pilot shortages.