PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF POLICE -Waste of time?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2001, 16:48
Ramp Monkey

Angry RAF POLICE -Waste of time?

The other day the vehicle I was travelling in was stopped by the RAF Police for failing to come to a complete halt at a stop sign, despite they’re being no traffic around. The young Cpl was very polite and informed the driver of the offence stating that this time a warning had been issued but next time the offence would be reported to the authorities and civilian court action taken. WHAT!!!!!! since when have been able to prosecute for driving offences carried out on private roads? If any one else has any information please let us all know here at RAF Odiham. At the moment every other day 2-3 RAF Police are out with speed guns etc stopping motorists. If only they would spend their time on trying to find the thieves and real criminals that unfortunately are on our station. They allegedly have no time to patrol off base AMQ! I could think of other things they could with their time. I don't condone speeding or other traffic offences on the station but the question has to be asked, Has someone got their priorities right?