PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - At drinks with the Jetstar Boss
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2007, 14:47
woodja51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK waking up too

Guys , as far as the Ek thing goes the money is pretty damm good depending on who you talk to.
Yes some costs of living are high (rents) but some are considerably lower (bought two cans of coke and two bottles of small water in jingli corner shop for less than 1.50AUD the other day so depends on what ya do) and depending on your demographics.
(I wont tell you what I earn 'cos that is rude maybe and then management wont want to give me a 20% payrise that the construction workers here got the other day)
Just heard that (and this is not verfied) that EK have let a chap go on leave of absence/furlogh whatever you want to call it for six months to go and have alook at J* 320 op.
That was always hard to get from them but I think they see that sometimes guys - and I did this sort of myself - need a break to see if coming home after 10-12 years is really what they want to do.
If EK keep getting smarter like this they could retain the guys that have been around a while and get them back down the track - sort of like long service leave??
Eventually they might get really clever and come up with remote rostering or temp bases(to get around the tax stuff) with the 70 extra flights a week coming and then they could start to pick up all the relatively low paid yet highly qual'd Aussies at QF and J* and Virgin that seem to be disenchanted with T+C.
Or maybe Etihad and James Hogan will work that out first - bit like the Air China 330 guys in Sydney shortly. The most imaginative options are sometimes the best!! And least expensive!
Food for your thoughts and inputs?
Woodja