PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more IMC rating
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2007, 11:12
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It suddenly occured to me, what are the French going to do about their Qualification Montagne (Ski and wheel), which authorises flight into high alpine airfields, summer and winter. Is this too not a "National Licence" and will it not be abolished when national licenses and ratings go? I would imagine them being less than happy with just anyone trying to land at say Courchevel. Pure self interest will be the best way of getting the Frence on our side (they are as bad as we are)!
As I understand it they will be included into differences training requiring a logbook sign off.

So ultimately if the CAA where to dig its heels in over the IMC rating and continue to issue them there would be fk all EASA or anyone else for that matter could do about it.
Not wanting to be rude but that shows a breath taking naivety and total lack of understanding about just what we have given up to be part of EASA.

The CAA will no longer have any control over licensing, they will be a field office to EASA and will be issuing EASA licences. They will be unable to issue anything that is not an EASA rating.

In future there will no UK ANO just an EASA version of it.

Come on guys if you really are going to motivate people into supporting the cause the very least you can do is gain an understanding of the position we are in.