PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Security, MORs and CHIRP
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2007, 21:24
747flyby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airport Security.

I just read an old CHIRP Air Transport which is a confidential reporting publication for Airline Crew ATCOs Mechanics and Cabin Crew.

There were shocking stories about the treatment by security staff.

One story was when a man was being searched and the security person touched his testicals. When he complained the supervisor said they could do whatever they ever they wanted. He asked for the police and the victim was arrested and had to have his employer bail him out and he had a court case hanging over him. Later he was told that he was free of any charges after the police viewed the security videos.

Now how can any democratic system allow this to happen. Some airports I have gone through there are arrogant security personel and treat families like animal who are going through. They seem to enjoy it.

How can it be that you have absolutely no right at all when you end up on someone on a powertrip.

In U.S.A. the security staff are suddenly federal employees and some of them used to work a month ago in McDonalds and treat you badly.
There was a case that security staff in the US were aiming out families from U.K. and Germany. The German Chancelor at the time Gerhard Schroeder took the issue up with the U.S. president at the time.

I know of a Captian going through security in the US after his flight kit came through the X-Ray machine his back was locked the Security Guy took out a tool to bake up the locks. When he stepped forward to open it he was told to step back and they broke it to open the bag. When he asked for a supervisor to complain. The supervisor turned his bag upside down so everything fell out. He said he would complain to higher authorities he was told he wouldnt be able to prove anything.

Now who regulates the security people and supervisors.
How come that they get to behave like gestapo in a democratic country.

I would like to point out that I am for a good security at airports.
However you should not on any circumstances show anyone disrespect or take their dignity away. Courtesy is free of charge and should be used at all times.