PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2007, 19:03
Bagchucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ringway

Thanks for you're concern and obvious support Mickeyman. One thing Dongle78 left off the fairly substantial list of terms and conditions that Ringway staff(that stay on) will lose is all ramp staff will lose over a thousand pounds a year from their wage packets. This is another example of the people at the bottom paying for the mistakes of their management.
I can only assume Mickeyman agrees with new conditions people will be forced to work under. Perhaps we'll see small children cleaning chimneys or working in mills, manual workers don't need all those H&S rules do they, staff are easily replaced!! I know it's far fetched but taking terms and conditions off people is not progress and staff are being backed into a corner with this "more for less" contract.
I should imagine Mr Cornish will get a pat on the back and a large bonus from our caring boss Mr Muirhead once he has overseen the total destruction of Ringway Handling. It would seem that the senior management of our shopping centre/airport just want to be landlords given the fact that they are currently trying to offload other parts of the business too.
Finally, I hope nothing like this happens to Mickeyman. I am not daft i can see the business is not healthy, years of inept management have seen to that. We as workforce are prepared to change the way we work to move forward but to ask a hard working staff to give up their terms and conditions is wrong.