PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jump Seats
Thread: Jump Seats
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2007, 16:56
fdx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another cent

This is sad... AOA or not, it is a personal choice. Whether it represents all of our ideas, and hopes, even, what is fair, is another topic. We are not living in a one man vote atmosphere.
I would hate to come across anyone who thinks they have the solution and doesn’t walk up to the relevant floor in order to understand why the company he/she is making so many sacrifices for, does not care to the personal or economical consequences involved. Reality bites. Cx has enjoyed years of unsurpassed growth, beat all income records and net profit expectations. I do believe that those have been achieved by the wits and hard work of all involved in this operation. Ground staff, pilots, engineers, recruitment, management and management managers...
Cost of living goes up as time goes by, call it 3%/year. If you want to have a flight school, keep up your conditions, now, if you rather keep your last name, stand up and play. After all...if you want to play, you need to pay. Don’t you?
Once I heard...”we can afford a hull loss per year”, really? I dare anyone to have their loved ones in such affordable flight. I have recently received the latest copy of “safety first”. Open to discussion, including the controlled rest issue. Why now? Are we more tired than on previous winters?.
I do respect those that implement a benefit for membership. There should be no question about it. If you want to play... Some others are too involved in a 1%, 3% cost. Simply put, multiply your daily latte and other harmless vices by 30, you may be surprised to what a small effort can contribute to. Cx is a secure company to work for. Give it a shower, a shave, some deo to ride along for a few cramped hours and you get what’s missing. Anyone who is here for the long term would be happy to know that there is a long term plan, not just for some, but for all that make things happen. And I hope it reads ALL.
Fuel is not cheap, nor will it be in the future. Neither are instructors, mechanics, spare parts, engineers, instructors, drivers, cadets or direct entry pilots. Unity makes one. That is the bottom line.
AOA has faults, no doubt. One is, as previously mentioned, the lack of advertisement to new or current employees. How does a weekly open house posted on the board sound? What could a free tutor/mentor service for new joiners do? Members or not, it’s a good approach.
We can’t sit and jump at the same time.

Thoughts anyone?