PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silly question...Why no parachutes?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2007, 12:05
tigerbatics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Ed you are right.

Our Yak-55 will be flying in the next week or two and next season at least one of us will be wearing a bonedome and one a parachute. The bonedome following the forced landing in the Pitts almost exactly a year ago.

I will wear neither. Never have and don't want to now. Absolutly no objection to anyone who wants to wear either or both. But I'm far happier free of those objects.

Bull-worker sounds like a good idea, thanks for the suggestion. Might also ask Father Christmas for a flying suit with zipped pockets for the odd coin, which is all I'll have left after paying for the fuel.

Seriously, it is nothing to do with fibre of any sort, diet or moral, just my preference and my assessment of the best way to manage the particular risks involved. There will always be cases where a 'chute is a lifesaver ( Tucker's probably ) just as you can, no doubt, find cases where yellow jackets have prevented accidents on airfields. It's just that both fall outside the range of those risks I feel a need to protect myself against.