PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2007, 09:10
m500dpp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My daughter joined one of the mentioned airlines in July. Of the 15 that attended the interview, 8 were selected for training. One got pregnant in the meantime, so then there were 7.

of those I think 2 have been let go since, and 2 more are looking to leave (according to galley fm), giving only 3 remaining. Those that are leaving are mainly going as they dont like the work/or the time away from their loved ones. (would have thought they could have figured that out before applying!!!)

All through the training on this airline, jeans were most certainly not allowed, smart appearance in accordance with the job was the order of the day - seems the BA's standards have indeed fallen!!!

Regarding the age comments, my daughter is 19 and nearly always the youngest on the flight. she also seems to be amongst the hardest working, and all of her assessments put her well ahead of where they would expect someone with her experience. Its not down to age its down to the individual......................

As an aside this airline is reorganising and its possible my daughter's contract may not get renewed, seems like she wont find it too hard getting in somewhere else!!! (anyone recruiting pm me!!!)