PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 2nd Dec 2007, 06:24
Spad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KaptainZZ, I tried to send you a personal message, but I see you've set up your account not to receive them, so apologies for the off-thread comment to everyone else.
the 100 or so pilots who hadn't resigned
????? Eh? My memory's getting a bit dim on what the actual numbers were who didn't resign, but try dropping the final zero and I think you'll be closer to the mark - a LOT closer to the mark.
As for the AFAP representing them.... I think the SMS code for that comment is 'LOL' - for laugh out loud. From that comment, I can only assume you weren't actually around at the time, KaptainZZ, and have learned all about those days from only one self-serving perspective.
Back to the subject of the thread: I agree that many of the pilots overseas are tyre-kicking. If 10% of the overseas pilots who've applied take the job, I'll be surprised. But if the salary package is as someone stated above, around $200,000 to $220,000 a year, they might get a few starters the way the US Dollar is going.