PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWQUAY
Thread: NEWQUAY
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2007, 15:41
cornishsimon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
agreed ChristianLee the airport does have a huge amount of potention.

just look at the route expansion over the past 12/18months.
BA back
FLYBE
Lufthansa

i think that there is loads of potention for more UK domestic/Irish routes as well as European routes. Obviously this will depend on the loads for Dusseldorf but i wudnt be at all surprised to see Amsterdam & Paris added in the very near future.

As for the handing over from MOD whenever that actually happens!......
means Cornwall airport Ltd (replaced Serco) taking on fire cover, ATC maintenance etc but when the MOD are gone it will leave the airport operator with loads and i do mean loads of hangar space to play with and to make use of as well as hell of a lot of land for expansion, lots of aircraft parking space etc etc etc!

iv got a feeling that in time you might well see something like a DHL/Fedex/freight base/hub on the site, making use of land/aircraft parking/hangers for sorting etc

and lets not forget the runway, which is hell of an asset:
RunwaysDirectionLengthSurfaceftm12/309,0062,745Asphalt
i think if things are in place you will start to see this as remain as an emergency diversion airfield for both MOD and commercial aircraft.

just my thoughts, i dont work in the industry but do live locally and really want to see it all work.

out of interest has anyone got any ideas of routes/airlines that could work at NQY ???