PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KQ Job advertisement
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2007, 01:18
Nightfire

Guys, let's calm down again.

It'll get us nowhere if we yell at each other, and verbal abusement won't convince anybody. That's not how professionals should talk to each other, is it.

I understand that point, Simba, that it's extremely hard in Kenya to get a well-paid job, and if you do, then you are the one to feed the rest of your relatives. No doubt about it.

However, I believe that KALPA's true reason to protect the airline from foreigners coming in, is to protect the high salaries of pilots. Anybody working in KQ has the option to leave and to work in Asia or the Middle East, while at the same time knowing that their jobs in Kenya are protected.
So if it is just for feeding your family, then you don't rely solely on KQ.

And if KQ requires experienced airline pilots, then what's wrong with employing them from outside. As I said, we're not talking about young FO's who just come to collect some hours and then run for it.

As for ab-inits: Kids who can afford to pay for the training plus type-rating, are not the kind of guys who have to stand for and support the rest of their family. While ex-military and airline-sponsored trainees anyway have a reserved job to begin with. So they are also taken care of.

The requirement for experienced professionals, regardless of their skin-color or their passport, cannot be met by young start-ups. In fact, I only read an article a few days ago, that KQ is losing a lot of pilots right now.
So how about me wanting to come to KQ instead? I'll work as an instructor, so in fact I'm even going to help train some new pilots.

Truth is: If Kenya Airways wants to stay the pride of Africa (which I believe it still is), then they will have to go international.