PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more IMC rating
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2007, 22:16
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They don't intend to use it every day - or at least that's what I know from the pilots I know who have it. It's to give you confidence and get you out of trouble should you be unfortunate enough to get caught out.
Do you need a rating in your licence to do that or do you need some more training and regular brush-ups?

How much of this keep the IMC is fueled by the RTFs who charge you £150 per hour for a beat up old C172 non-FM immune, non-mode S PPL VFR training aircraft and then charge you £180 for the same aircraft with the same instructor in the same airspace doing simulated IMC flying.........the only extra being a $5 pair of foggles that do not block the view completely anyway?

Have a look outside the UK and you can get an JAA IR for OK more than the IMC costs but far less than the cheapest UK based FTO.

Not meeting the ICAO hearing requirements, not meeting the ICAO sight requirements - watch out for people with their own agenda's.

All of the things I have posted on this topic may seem negative but they are only 5% of what is going to have to be rebuffed in order to convince a country that has never allowed a UK IMC holder to exercise the IFR privileges in their airspace to swallow the idea.

Regards,

DFC