PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the job prospects for new CPLs? (MERGED)
Old 30th Nov 2007, 18:23
u667gf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About to start out on the ladder...

I am currently in the navy and am planing to start training for my PPL in january, and hopefully gain it by April time. I then plan to work torwards my CPL IR over the next 3 or 4 years whilst staying in the navy.(none of this is being done through the navy, im planning on using cabair during my leave periods.) Once i have gained my CPL IR and am hitting .. say 250 .. 300 hours... am i likely to find an employer? im not to bothered about money, id just like experience. Also... would my job help? I am about to finish a 6 month tour in afghanistan working with the helicopter support unit... my main job has been Hooking underslung loads and traveling with the chinooks managing the freight and passengers. I also regulary fast rope out of lynx's and have completed the navy's Helicopter underwater escape training (Dunker). I was also involved in the rescue op for a downed lynx in 2004 in the channel, so i obviosly know the dangers of flying to .. although im not sure this would be the best thing to mention, both for personal moral reasons(4 people died) and for any potential jobs thinking i might freak out while flying..

Any comments would be appreciated

Chris