PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more IMC rating
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2007, 13:54
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are run by a couple of out of touch characters who go about things with the finnesse of a bull in a china shop and who as a result (I am very reliably advised by insiders) are nowadays held in very poor regard by the regulatory bodies with whom they have to regularly interact.
Unfortunately I really dont know much about the workings of AOPA UK. Who really does run it? How is it really funded and what funding do they have. I will dig out a copy of their FS when I have a moment. Is this the general perception?

A website is a minor issue. With motivation, a nice website can be knocked up in days.
I dont think you mean to give the impression that having a good web site is a minor issue - rather producing one is. I hope so because as I said earlier I believe this is one of their most important shop fronts - it needs to be really good and tell people what they are about.

I am involved both with large companies that administer their own web sites and web site designers as well as tinkering myself. With such a small user base I can assure you it is not a difficult or an expensive job to come up with something a great deal better - and clearly at the moment not much bandwidth is required.

Sorry to shout but in all of this we must not be side tracked from the issue in hand. Personally, and I can only judge this on the history, I am not convinced this can be entirely left in the hands of AOPA, or any of the other organisations. We need to do something about it ourselves. Any advance on the petition so far?