PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more IMC rating
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2007, 12:21
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I quite agree the website is not good enough, it has been a constant source of discussion within the MWG and will be raised again at tomorrows meeting.

The problem with a lot of the issues is that they are contained within the various working groups surrounded by non disclosure. A lot of the stuff that appears for discussion in these forums is often not quite in the public domain and therefore offered as conjecture. A lot of the time people see it for the heads up that it represents but a lot of the time they just shoot it down and then when it goes public as fact later are outraged that they knew nothing about it......

At lot of other things are more dynamic and difficult to keep updated.

It also comes down to funding, AOPA do not have a full time web team, they have a guy based in Australia (AFAIK) that does the website amongst many clients. AOPA do not want to divert essential funding from fighting the GA cause to having a spangly website.

I personally would like to see that nasty picture from the front page replaced with something more neutral and a hot list of current issues. Something I will push again at the meeting.

AOPA does not have the membership of its licensee in the US for the obvious reason that we are a much smaller country, with a smaller pilot base and the vast majority of that base wants to complain endlessly about the poor job being done but not actually support the cause....

As for the comments about the directors of the company, these are unpaid positions and the people are vastly experienced in aviation giving freely of there time to represent GA. Just like the MWG does.

AOPA is not perfect and trust me I have had more than one disagreement about how things are handled and how internal communication often does not communicate. But it is improving.