PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more IMC rating
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2007, 11:52
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As battle lines are being drawn against EASA, the obvious thing to do is pool the resources of the other European organisations that use the AOPA acronym. However, if it's that obvious, there must be a fundamental reason why it's not happening. Could someone please explain this to me?
I wish I could.

It is not that I have "bashed" AOPA UK in the past for the sake of it, but because this is vital.

AOPA US tell us how many members they have quite openly on their web site. Why dont AOPA UK?

AOPA US have a complete tab telling us about the important regulatory issues at any point in time and what they are doing about it. Just try and find any of these issues mentioned on AOPA UKs web site.

The trouble with AOPA is good people like Bose tell us they are trying BUT why dont AOPA tell us - people need to know someone is fighting their corner and then they will sign up and support them. As the old fashion evangalists new only to well unless you deliver the message to the people they sure aint going to give up cannibalism.

So to come full cirlce I wish I knew the answer.

I dont believe it can be as simple as funding.

A decent web site being your shop front these days is hardly costly - I could do something a great deal better sitting on my throne than AOPA UK manage.

I mentioned it previously on here some months ago and they tinkered with it a bit.

That picture on the lead page now just scares me to death every time I look at it!

Come on chaps you must do better.

Bose what is going on at AOPA towers?