PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more IMC rating
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2007, 09:13
Justiciar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone who is mislead into thinking the FAA IR is an *easy* option should really try and do it
Apologies if I gave that impression. One very experienced pilot I know described the FAA/IR flight test the most difficult bit of flying he had ever done. The oral alone made him sweat. Seems to me that the principle differences of note are as Englishal says, and go to make the FAA/IR achievable for the many who cannot take four weeks at a time off to do the training. I believe that the flying requirement is less at 40 hours and that previous instrument time counts. That is not to say that you will be ready for the test in 40 hours. Coming back to my point, will we see the EASA version tending toward the FAA requirements for training and theoretical knowledge? If so then the demise of the IMCR may not be the catastrophy we think - if it happens.

I would happily take anybody for such a flight, provided they buy the beer at the far end, and give them a tenner for every plane they can identify the type of, and £50 for every GA plane they spot at all
Will happily take you up on that