PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more IMC rating
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2007, 20:35
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IO. This is near the end of a long process not something that just popped up. I warned about this more than a year ago and you were one of the people that debunked what I said and told us it would never happen.

You are wrong wrong wrong Bose X. You write this "the end of the world is near" stuff all over the internet. You should know better, from your AOPA and PPL/IR contacts. Why do you keep writing this stuff?

Everybody is entitled to their opinion as to the likely future but they should not write it as fact. It isn't fact it is opinion. EASA's takeover of FCL is scheduled for 2010. That is 3 years (at best, if there is NO resistance to anything whatsoever).

This continual negativity is clearly causing distress to many pilots, especially new pilots who are looking at spending £2000 or so on the IMCR and wonder if it will be clobbered as soon as they get it.

That is as polite as I am going to write this.

But even if you were right - what is Joe Average Pilot supposed to do????

Is he supposed to jump off Beachy Head?
Is he supposed to chuck in flying and take up bird watching?

(let's be frank, there are so few birds in GA that it takes a helluva incentive to hang on in there, among all the anoraks scratching their grey beards while they debate the latest landing fee increases at some remote grass strip)

Let me make a constructive suggestion.

(Hey, what a great new idea for a pilot forum - a constructive suggestion. Whatever next? It's never been done before, maybe I should apply for a patent on the concept.)

What should people do to progress their flying?

p.s. ignore the "professional pilot" drivel from DFC. Actually I am suprised he is still typing; the velcro on his epaulettes must be so worn now that they must be forever falling onto his keyboard