PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more IMC rating
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2007, 17:06
Slopey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't suppose that anyone with a reasonably decent crystal ball would be able to fore tell what the likely effect on the IMCR holder would be in the 2 years time introduction scenario.

I ask because I was planning to doing the IMCR next year possibly Feb/March time. The full IR is definately not an option - I can't rationalise the time/exams/expense.

When this eventually happens, will it happen with a dead stop or will there be a couple of years leeway from the introduction to the CAA scrapping it? (I'm thinking along the lines of mode S - need it after Q2 2008 but you have X years to install one).

Spending the time and money to do the IMCR is going to be a little galling if it's voided 2 years later. I might as well not bother and just resign myself to the fact that I'll never manage to get anywhere most of the year (hell, the way things are going at ABZ we'll be back to a grass strip and waterlogged most of the year anyway - so I won't be able to used an instrument approach to get home anyway!).

Either way, this is a loose-loose for GA in the UK isn't it.

How many collisions/accidents have been caused by an IMCR holder in the last 10 years?

And does anyone actually have a tangible benefit of the UK being part of Europe? I'm struggling to think of one.