PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR CPT vs FOs
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2007, 10:33
in my last airline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem with achieving anything this year is that they have watered down the amount of permanent pilots at STN. The vast majority of pilots, especially co pilots are brookfield contractors. This means that the captains will vote for last years agreement this coming April (because contractors dont count in the deal) and the deal will be done. Its a real shame for all of us, especially you you brand new copilot that may not get your command in 3 years time because this growth is not going to last. Those of you joining in 08 will be looking at F/O position for 7 or 8 years! You will be stuck in a very poor deal.

Indeed the growth has already started to slow down. In the last 3 months FR took 21 new a/c, but guess what, they have sold 20! 5 have already gone and the others will go early next year. So net growth of 1 a/c. The STN 20% cutback is a twofold reason; First to improve negotiating tactics with the BAA on a long term deal, but more importantly it suits FR because the loads are so bad. I have never seen such poor loads since I joined FR X years ago (too scared to say how many cos they might track me down, not joking!).

My prediction is for possible job losses next year. The job losses will be preceded by MOL and the henchmen trying to get the expensive pilots(at STN)to leave by pissing them off. They have done their Dublin cul, now they will focus on STN.

On a commercial standpoint, they will probably buyout a competitor Loco in an effort to reduce capacity in EU. So hopefully it wont be your airline because I would feel very sorry for you having to consider accepting T and Cs that will be well below current FR T and Cs.

Where is BALPA? Why arent you in the car parks at STN dishing out application forms? You must get down to grass root level. Your presence in STN in some office has gone unnoticed. If you dont get into FR it will cause such a headache for all you other customers too. Come on, one last push before April.