PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KQ Job advertisement
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2007, 16:33
kotakota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we can safely say that the union does not have the airlines best interests at heart . This is nothing new , I am working for one now ( in Europe ) and the guys here adopt the dog in the manger attitude . I don't really like my company but I do not want anybody else to work here !
If people really cared about their airline and its furure they would want the best people working there . The policy of employing by nepotism is very dodgy indeed.
KQ are a great company , but I was told that the 767 on order was cancelled because of the refusal to even offer short term contracts to experienced crew . There seems to be a good supply of Kenyan pilots coming through the schools , probably enough to crew the airline in the future . But there should be SOME selection issues which do see past the possession of a passport as the be-all and end-all of recruitment.
The expansion of any airline can be accelerated by the judicious employment of short-term trainers on contract while the new boys acquire the necessary hours for promotion etc. This is not rocket science .
The unions absolute refusal to agree to ANY contracts does not bode well .
The day will come when a strike will be called because one of their number is disciplined and the only people who suffer are the passengers , followed by the airline itself.
The union could do its credibility a power of good by at least offering to agree to certain MUTUALLY AGREED short term contracts . If the company then tries to alter this , then the necessary action can be taken.
Invoking an IFALPA ban when nobody has been disenfranchised is vexing.