PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cockpit video of EMS helicopter landing at accident
Old 27th Nov 2007, 16:30
purge98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A very interesting thread this. A lot of different views.
Some people have answered in a cool and calm way and state their position while others CRM is obviously a problem and they go off the deep end.

The incorrect reference to it being in the limitations section earlier in this thread says it all. I know that this was corrected already by someone else, but it does speak volumes about the confusion that there seems to be amongst the less experienced.
I have never seen a helicopter RFM with an H-V curve listed in the limitation section. Unbelievable how misguided some of you are.
By the way the AS332L has the avoid curve in the Limitations section of the flight manual. I would have to assume that all Eurocopter types do as well. That is a lot of helicopters you obviously haven't seen the avoid curve of. Who is misguided/confused now?

One other thing...Why did the pilot leave the white strobe light on after landing?

This is not good practice, especially at night, as it can blind incoming folk. It destroys your night vision amongst other things.

Last edited by purge98; 27th Nov 2007 at 17:15.